Arnhem Land Wilderness Adventure 2016
Outback Spirit is not operating a tour to Arnhem Land in 2015. For all those who wanted to travel with us to this fascinating region, we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience.
For 2016 we are in the process of putting together a brand new tour that will travel all the way from Nhulunbuy in the east of Arnhem Land right across to the Cobourg Peninsula in the west. The tour will include a whole raft of new activities ranging from a sensational air-boat adventure on the Arafura Swamp, a number of authentic Aboriginal cultural activities, boating on some of Arnhem Land’s pristine coastline and rarely seen rock art galleries. It will also feature two brand new luxury safari camps at Ramingining* and Maningrida*, as well as the Seven Spirit Bay Wilderness Resort located on the Cobourg Peninsula, recently purchased by Outback Spirit^.
Register your interest now!
Call 1800 Outback (1800 688 222) or send us an email (click here)
*Pending approval from the Northern Land Council and Traditional Owners
^Pending approval from the Cobourg Peninsula Sanctuary and Marine Park Board
Register your interest now!
Ph: 1800 688 222
Itinerary: Nhulunbuy (Gove) to the Cobourg Peninsula
Duration: 12 Days/11 Nights
Group Size: 20 Passengers and 1 Driver/Guide
Cost: $9,995 per person twin share.
Single Supplement $1,295
Early Bird and Past Passenger discounts will be available.
Departures: Frequent departures from May to Sep 2016
A Preliminary List of Highlights
Some of the below touring highlights are pending approval from Traditional Owners and the Northern Land Council.
- Travel through the wild and rugged Arnhem Land from East to West and immerse yourself in the world’s oldest surviving culture
- Explore the spectacular Arafura Swamp on a half day airboat adventure. Take to the swamplands with Aboriginal guides and learn about this fascinating yet rarely seen wonder of northern Australia
- Enjoy authentic Aboriginal cultural activities with knowledgeable local guides
- Spend 4 nights in new 'state-of-the art' safari camps, similar to our camp over in the Kimberley on the Mitchell Plateau (Ngauwudu Safari Camp)
- Spend 3 nights at the fully re-developed Seven Spirit Bay Wilderness Resort on the Cobourg Peninsula
- Discover the village of Nhulunbuy with 2 nights at the Walkabout Lodge
- Visit Yirrkala Arts Centre in East Arnhem Land, where Aboriginal Land Rights began with the famous bark petition
- Visit Maningrida and explore the surrounding stone country with exceptional Aboriginal guides. Also enjoy visits to their Arts Centre, Women’s Centre and local Museum
- Spend 2 nights at the acclaimed Davidson's Arnhemland Safaris, Mount Borradaile
- View ancient and rarely seen prehistoric rock art galleries
- Enjoy Barramundi fishing, bushwalking, lagoon cruises and nature tours
- Visit the catacombs and learn about ancient Aboriginal ways of life
- Discover the historic Victoria Settlement at Port Essington, established by the British in 1838
- Enjoy boating along some of Arnhem Land’s pristine coastline and try your hand at some fishing with expert local guides
- Scenic flight over Van Diemen's Gulf back to Darwin
Call us today to register your interest
Call 1800 OUTBACK (1800 688 222)
0800 805 265 NEW ZEALAND